Two Sisters. Two Coasts. One Blog.
Hello everyone! Welcome to our little corner of the world.
Simply Latina is the creation of two Latina sisters who always wanted to go into business together. Exactly what we would do didn’t really matter. We just knew that together we’d make an amazing team. Then life happened. We moved away to different colleges, had our own experiences and ultimately ended up on opposite ends of the country: Jeanean (a.k.a. Big Sis) in New York and Jackie (a.k.a. Little Sis) in San Diego.
Then one day during a typical 2-hour sisterly phone conversation we asked ourselves, “Why don’t we start a blog?” Both of us are creative types, in our own way, and a blog was the perfect project to start together despite the physical distance that separated us.
We wanted to create a space where we could share our different experiences, things we’re loving at the moment, travels and adventures, goals we’ve set to accomplish or the simple blessings and inspirations that life has set in our path. We’re excited to show how despite the same upbringing, we’ve ended up living our lives in such different ways.
Want to get to know us a little bit better? Check out our profile pages.
Thank you for joining us, and we hope you’ll pop back in again to our digital home!
A few fun facts about us:
- We’re proud bilingual Mexican-American women.
- We were born and raised in San Diego county, in a sleepy but beautiful little town called Fallbrook.
- We’re also quite proud of our hometown, which is known by many of its inhabitants as “The Friendly Village” and also claims the title “Avocado Capital of the World.” (We’re seriously not joking.)
- We have the world’s coolest parents a kid could ever ask for.
- Jeanean is the middle child, Jackie is the baby and we have an older brother we affectionately refer to as “Jo Bro.”